Thursday, March 3, 2022

Martel's S/STEM TRAIN Blog (3/3)

 I spent this week conducting further research on my study topic. I'm currently researching the role of Aristotle's framework of logical deduction in the Euclid and later Greek mathematicians and in intellectual culture in the Middle Ages and onward. I also reached out to a professor in one of my math classes to get his opinions on this topic and the role of logic in discrete mathematics.

Since the escalation in the conflict a few weeks ago, I've been trying my best to keep up with events in the Ukraine. Many analysts and experts have said that this event will likely mark a turning point in the history of international relations. Looking back on the history of the great wars of the 20th century, I can only hope that this conflict doesn't escalate further or turn into a conflict between the major world powers. I also hope that seeing the early stages of this conflict play out before the eyes of the whole world will help to remind people of the value of peace.



*photo from an anti-war protest in Russia, Atlantic Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Martel's S/STEM TRAIN Blog (4/28)

 This week I was still in the process of putting the finishing touches on my project. I've also had to spend a good deal of time studyin...