Thursday, April 7, 2022

Martel's S/STEM TRAIN Blog (4/7)

This week, I spent most of my time for this class analyzing a large data set for my experiment. I'm currently using Microsoft Excel because I don't have much experience with other statistical programs. This has its own challenges, since performing some statistical functions in Excel can be burdensome. But, I've been scouring the internet for resources to help me overcome these challenges. 
So far, I'm made some significant progress. But, I still need to master a few more functions before I can finish analyzing this data.
This week, several Student Senators met together to prepare for a presentation we are giving to the Maricopa Scholarship Foundation next week. We have developed a proposal to establish a substantial scholarship for the "Women Rising" student organization, which has chapters on all of the Maricopa college campuses. If we are successful in this, it will mean a major boost to the "Women Rising" organizations and will hopefully motivate other students to join this incredible group. We have determined that over the next several decades, this scholarship will be able to impact the lives of several thousand of students.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Martel's S/STEM TRAIN Blog (4/28)

 This week I was still in the process of putting the finishing touches on my project. I've also had to spend a good deal of time studyin...