Thursday, February 10, 2022

Martel's S/STEM TRAIN Blog 2/10

This week I had the chance to meet with both Matt and Josh, and they've given me fantastic advice on how I should go about researching my project. Now I'm working to compile a short guide on the main points in Aristotle's logical system. About a year ago, I took an Intro to Logic philosophy class at Mesa CC, and the textbook we learned about the Aristotelean system was very systematic and easy to understand. Regrettably, I rented an online textbook for that class and no longer have a copy. But, after getting a refresher on some of the concepts, I'm confident I'll be able to formulate a solid summary of the main concepts after a bit more prep. This will ultimately help me to identify the aspects of his logic that might have influenced mathematics throughout history.
A few weeks ago, I created a meeting poll for the Student Senate to choose an additional regular monthly meeting date, doubling our number of meetings. At the meeting this week, we were able to nail down a time that works for most of our schedules. I think will be a really positive step for the committee since it will allow us to keep updated on each other's work throughout the month and work together more closely. Having more face-time with one another will also be very beneficial.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Martel's S/STEM TRAIN Blog (4/28)

 This week I was still in the process of putting the finishing touches on my project. I've also had to spend a good deal of time studyin...